Monday, February 13, 2012

Unique LA


This past weekend I attended Unique LA for the first time and I'm so glad I did! My friends kept talking about how insanely great the Christmastime one was and I've been fuming silently ever since that I never got the chance to make it down there then. 

Unique LA is this big event held at California Market Center several times per year.  There are jewelry and fashion designers, artists, crafters, gourmet food booths and lots of freebies just for buying a ticket.  It's one of the largest independent design shows and the best part is...everything is locally made! And a lot of the artists and designers are there, running their own booths.  It's truly awesome to get to speak with the people behind the crazy and...unique, for lack of a better word, things at the show. 


Because all of the designers are independent, I felt weird taking too many pictures of their stuff.  My favorites were Kyle Chan Design (the necklaces pictured above), Sol del Sur, Stella Proseyn, A Stone's Throw Jewelry and Felicity Joy, although that doesn't even scratch the surface of all of the great designs and deals.  Oh, the deals!  Most of the stuff is marked way down due to the elimination of shipping, middle men, etc.  Unique LA - so worth checking out if you're in town for the next one.  It was also my first time at California Market Center so I explored around the rest of the building before I left. 






Your Golden Girl,

Olive


All photos property of VisforOlive.  Do not reuse without permission.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun! I can't believe I'm never heard of that. I hope you had a lovely time :)
    Oh and also, I moved my blog to a different URL. Here's the new link: http://bisousmonamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pics!!!amazing blog!!! i'm following you!!if you like mine,do the same!!

    Freaky Friday

    Freaky Friday FB FanPage

    ReplyDelete